Saturday, August 21, 2010

Things that don't go well with running:

As if running weren't hard enough for me, I have managed to find three things that don't go well with running. #1) Yelling at the kids. As previously posted, I run in the back yard. This means that my two boys are always out with me while I run. If any of you have two boys close in age you know how they can play so cute together and also fight sooo much at the same time. I constantly have to yell at one or the other to get off eachother or to stop hitting, kicking, wrestlin etc. This is really hard to do when you are tired and out of breathe from running. #2) Sing to the Ipod. Any of you that know me well know that I cannot listen to music without singing along. I judge how long I think I have run by the number of songs that I have listened to. That way the time goes faster because I inevitably loose track of how many songs that I have listened to and am forced to guess low. I have my favorite songs that I like to listen to while running and certain songs I cannot help but sing to. One of the last songs I listen to is Ryan Shuppes (sp) Never Give Up. I find it fitting, and irresistable to not sing to. Again, not a good combination to someone out of breathe from running. #3) Carrying a baby. My little Izzy just turned one and yesterday Mik needed to do something while I was running and Vance was flying so I ended up carrying her for a few minutes. I did not want to quit running and ruin my long run with walking so I ran with her. Man was I tired. I keep telling myself that when I loose weight it will be like not carrying Izzy while running and I will be able to run faster. Lets now hope I can loose weight. #4 (and last) Crying while running. Yes, I am an emotional person. Put that together with a difficult past few months and many things can make me cry. Yesterday while I was running a song came on that Vance had put on my ipod. It was an Alan Jackson song, but I dont know the name of it. The song talked about a boy and his dad and how his dad let him drive. This brought a rush of emotion to me and I started crying right in the middle of what was supposed to be my long run. My father in law passed away three years ago and the song reminds me of him. He was one of the most amazing men that I know. He taught Vance how to be a man. It makes me incredibly sad that my kids will not get to know him in this life. I am grateful that he lived so that he could mold Vance into the MOST AMAZING man that ever lived. Needless to say I learned that crying also is hard when you can barely breathe from running. On a brighter side. I ended with my longest run ever. I ran for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. 1 HOUR 45 MINUTES?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are on fire!!!! I will never be able to catch you but am SO happy for your success!!! I love your list. I can picture MWF in my mind....What's a good day this week? I'm TIRED today so it would be good for me, but whenever is good. Is there anything to do at Saltaire? We still need to hit Kenecott, too.

    ReplyDelete