Yesterday was the last day of school for Mik. I have mixed feelings about school being out for the summer. I am loving the fact that I will get to spend more time with Mikayla. It seems like during the school year the only time we get to talk is when we sit down to eat dinner as a family. The older she gets the more homework she has and I miss just spending time together. My only reservation about school being out is that it means that she is getting older. Next year she will be starting sixth grade. Where has the time gone? I can't believe that she is about to turn 11. Next thing I know she will be going away to college. I feel like all I have is time with the other three and I get no time to spend with her. Anyways on to more happy thoughts. We recieved a note from Mikaylas teacher one day that asked us to be to the school the next day because Mik was recieving an award. We went expecting to watch her get awarded on thing and were surprised to see her get three different awards. She got a citizinship award for earning all Honors on her report cards for the year, a Superintendants award for getting straight A's for the entire year and an award for testing in the top ten percent in the NATION on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills. We are so proud of her. This was one of the most difficult years Mikayla has ever had to face and she did it with alot of courage and hard work. Way to go Mikayla!
Saturday, June 5, 2010
My Girl!
Yesterday was the last day of school for Mik. I have mixed feelings about school being out for the summer. I am loving the fact that I will get to spend more time with Mikayla. It seems like during the school year the only time we get to talk is when we sit down to eat dinner as a family. The older she gets the more homework she has and I miss just spending time together. My only reservation about school being out is that it means that she is getting older. Next year she will be starting sixth grade. Where has the time gone? I can't believe that she is about to turn 11. Next thing I know she will be going away to college. I feel like all I have is time with the other three and I get no time to spend with her. Anyways on to more happy thoughts. We recieved a note from Mikaylas teacher one day that asked us to be to the school the next day because Mik was recieving an award. We went expecting to watch her get awarded on thing and were surprised to see her get three different awards. She got a citizinship award for earning all Honors on her report cards for the year, a Superintendants award for getting straight A's for the entire year and an award for testing in the top ten percent in the NATION on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills. We are so proud of her. This was one of the most difficult years Mikayla has ever had to face and she did it with alot of courage and hard work. Way to go Mikayla!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WAY TO GO MIKAYLA!!! 6th grade?!!! Yikes!
ReplyDelete