Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Challenge 1 Done! On to challenge 2!
As many of you know breast feeding does not agree with my metabolism. Every time I breast feed I gain a bunch (really) of weight. As soon as I quit breast feeding I start loosing it, but it really sucks while I am doing it. So this time Vance and I decided to try to stop the weight gain so I dont have to work so hard to loose it when I am done nursing. We came up with a challenge. We sat down and thought up all the things that we wanted to work on. Most of them diet and excersize related, but not all. Then we assigned them a point. For example we get a point for every 30 minutes we work out a day, a point for having no sugar, a point for no pop, and a point for playing with our kids (to name a few). We set a goal of so many points that we had to gain in a week and then made a spread sheet to keep track of all of our points. If we made our goal for the week we banked ten dollars for the week. At the end of twelve weeks if we made our goal ten out of the twelve weeks we got fifty extra dollars. Anything that we have banked at the end of the twelve weeks is ours and the only stipulation is that we have to spend it on ourselves, not our kids or eachother (which both of us have a hard time doing). So I am now $170 dollars richer!!!! Now I just have to figure out what the heck I want to buy for myself. I was hoping that I would loose some weight with all my working out and eating better,(Vance lost 15 pounds) but no such luck so new clothes are out of the picture. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? The next challenge started Monday and my new goal is to start running. I have been mountain biking and weight lifting and 30 minutes on the elliptical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go! Way to take charge and make things happen! I know that pregnancy/breast feeding really does a number on the figure, but at least you'll feel better eating right and exercising. If your going to start running, Couch Potato to Runner is a great program to help you to get started! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYAY! YAY! YAY!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about your money and I thought maybe you could join one of those scrapbook groups with Angie. {or we could start a new one, I just can't ever find people who are interested} It isn't spending the money in one big pop, but it is something you love to do but feel like you can't afford---now you can.
Let's run a 5k together. We could choose one down the road so you don't feel pressured to get there too fast. I really do love running though you'd never know it since I do so little of it. :)
BTW: I LOVE having you post a bunch. I've been out of the blogging for a bit, but you've inspired me. I'm going to try to start it up again.