Thursday, April 15, 2010
Girls Night Out
I just got home from going out with one of my best friends tonight. We just went to dinner, but it was fun. I have to do it more, so if any of you ever decide you want a girls night out call me. I have to say that it was so nice to get out without the kids. I love my kids, but I go months without being away from them. I know this is going to make my sound like a horrible mom, but quitting work was hard on me. I wonder if I am cut out to be a stay at home mom. I miss the social aspect of work. With Vance being gone four to five days in a row I hunger for adult interaction. People always tell me that I should start a play group, but with three kids under three it is hard to do much of anything. I have become addicted to reading blogs. I love to hear about the people I know and love and what they are up to. I find myself seeing someone posting about their blog and I get excited that I have another blog to read. Reading blogs is what I do while I breast feed Izzy. So I have decided that I am going to use my blog as a journal of sorts and write more often. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't think it makes you a terrible mom to have liked working. I think there are MANY, MANY difficult things about being a stay-at-home mom. I love it, but I, too, miss the socialization and intellectual stimulation of a job. I actually just came across an opportunity to teach a crafting class at JoAnn's. I don't care if the pay is $2/hr--I'm thrilled at the thought of an escape. {We haven't talked money yet. I have to certify first and I probably won't start teaching until September.}
ReplyDeleteAnyway, you do a GREAT job with your kids. I need to come out more often; it's always refreshing to hang out with you.