Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Family Christmas Night



I have been terrible at blogging, especially about our family night activities. This week for our family night we did Christmas activities. Vance took the kids sledding. Then we had some hot chocolate while we decorated the Christmas tree. We also watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and ate caramel popcorn. The kids loved decorating the Christmas tree. Even Izzy helped.




The next day after church the kids, minus Mikayla, enjoyed redecorating the tree...i.e. taking off the ornaments and playing with them and then putting them back on.




The tree has now been up for a few days and the kids are finally leaving it alone, for the most part. SO here is what it looks like tonight after the kids went to bed. On a positiive note, my kids have only unwrapped one present so far.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous. Big slacker {me} has not decorated a tree in two years running. The lights burned out. Very little energy to care. Seeing your pictures and reading your post, though, makes me want a pretty tree with presents in our house. Whenever you feel like you are a slacker parent just think of all these family nights you are doing----You're doing a FANTASTIC job! I love that you put them on your blog so I can use your ideas. {someday}

    ReplyDelete