Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My first 5k




I ran my first official 5k on October 23rd in St. George. It was definately a family affair. My parents came with us so that my mom could watch Izzy during the race and my dad ran a mile race with Mikayla. Vance ran with me while pushing the boys in the jog stroller. Two of my sister in laws also ran the race and my niece ran the mile with Mik. It was so much fun. My sister in laws have always been some of my biggest cheerleaders and ofcourse Vance is my biggest chearleader. It was the hardest run I have ever been on. The majority of the race was uphill and we dont have hills in Stansbury so I never train on hills. My sister in law that runs alot said that it was the hardest 5k that she has ever raced. My time sucked. I ran it in 42 minutes, but I am proud that I did it anyways. I was hoping that I would be able to run it faster than my fastest practice race, but with all the hills I will take it as a ok finish. Not bad with only an hour of sleep the night before!

1 comment: