Sunday morning was the start to my nightmare. I wasn't feeling well and Isaac had a little of a croupy cough, and since I dont believe in sharing the love when it comes to sickness, we stayed home from church. The boys were being hyper because they needed to get out and Logan fell and hit his head. I was trying to calm him and Mik was helping. Mikayla asked him if he wanted to hear a story. The boys love when Mik reads to them so they both got excited. Mik left to go get a book from her room and Lo started to follow. She told him to see if Isaac wanted to hear a story also and Isaac heard her so he started to run toward Mikayla and Lo, and at the same time Logan started to turn to see if Isaac wanted to read a story, and the two boys collided. Logans forhead hit the bottom of Isaacs eye and Isaac started screaming. I picked up Isaac and was trying desparately to calm him down and nothing was working. Vance was just about to get off work so I called him. Just then Isaac fell asleep, but he would wake up for a minute shaking and crying and then go back to sleep. I was worried so I started looking in a first aid book and it said to look for blood or clear liquid coming out of his eyes, nose mouth or ears. I am watching for that when Isaac threw up in his sleep. I tried to wake him up, but couldn't right away. When he finally woke up he threw up repeatedly. That is when Vance got home from work. He immediately scooped up Isaac and drove him to the ER in Tooele. They did a CT scan there and said that they couldnt see any bleeding in the brain or any fractures, but that he had a concusion. They wanted to send him in an ambulance to primary childrens to do more evaluations. When at primary's the evaluated him and said he had a severe concusion and that he needed to stay overnight. He slept the rest of the day and all through the night. When the next day he still wouldn't really wake up and he wouldn't open his eyes they thought as a precation they should have an eye doctor look at the eye. The doctor came and looked at his eye and could see nothing wrong with it. He said that he had looked at the CT scan and couldnt see any fractures, but again, as a precation, he wanted to do another CT scan to check a part of the eye they didn;t get in the first scan. The doctor came in later and confirmed that Isaac did have a fracture and that part of his muscle and nerve tissue was caught in the fracture and they would have to operate on him. He went into surgery Tuesday morning. The surgery was worse than expected and they had to break him bone even more and put in a plate so that the tissue would not get back into his fracture. It was so agonizing for us. He has now been out of surgery for almost a day and he is worse than ever. They had told us that it should be a fairly simple operation and that he would actually feel better after because he was in so much pain before. Not true. He is in so much pain now. Isaac is so terrified of the nurses that anytime they come in he cries out not to hurt him. I have been having trouble with the nurse on shift tonight and it has been hell. I rely on Vance alot because he is so intuned to the spirit that if he tells me something is right I know it is. I however am not so in tune. The nurse and I had a difference in opinion while Isaac was crying in pain. The nurse thought that Isaac wasn't really in pain and the he was just anxious. Isaac would not talk to us to tell us what he was feeling, but they had just given him a new medicine about half hour before and he finally calmed down. The nurse said that the medicine wouldn't have started working yet, but I disagreed with him and he didn;t like that. So I got on my knees after he left and asked God to help me know what I should do. I have never had a prayer answered so fast. I got up from my knees and Isaac said mom I hurt. I then asked him where he hurt and he said his neck hurt. I got the nurse and we turned him over and sure enough his neck brace was caught up in the blankets. I know I titled this nightmare, but maybe I should have titled it God is watching out for us because throughout this entire ordeal I have felt God so strongly. He has been here with us holding us up when we needed us and guiding us in our decisions. We are now praying that everything takes a turn for the better and we can get Isaac back home soon.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
NIGHTMARE
Sunday morning was the start to my nightmare. I wasn't feeling well and Isaac had a little of a croupy cough, and since I dont believe in sharing the love when it comes to sickness, we stayed home from church. The boys were being hyper because they needed to get out and Logan fell and hit his head. I was trying to calm him and Mik was helping. Mikayla asked him if he wanted to hear a story. The boys love when Mik reads to them so they both got excited. Mik left to go get a book from her room and Lo started to follow. She told him to see if Isaac wanted to hear a story also and Isaac heard her so he started to run toward Mikayla and Lo, and at the same time Logan started to turn to see if Isaac wanted to read a story, and the two boys collided. Logans forhead hit the bottom of Isaacs eye and Isaac started screaming. I picked up Isaac and was trying desparately to calm him down and nothing was working. Vance was just about to get off work so I called him. Just then Isaac fell asleep, but he would wake up for a minute shaking and crying and then go back to sleep. I was worried so I started looking in a first aid book and it said to look for blood or clear liquid coming out of his eyes, nose mouth or ears. I am watching for that when Isaac threw up in his sleep. I tried to wake him up, but couldn't right away. When he finally woke up he threw up repeatedly. That is when Vance got home from work. He immediately scooped up Isaac and drove him to the ER in Tooele. They did a CT scan there and said that they couldnt see any bleeding in the brain or any fractures, but that he had a concusion. They wanted to send him in an ambulance to primary childrens to do more evaluations. When at primary's the evaluated him and said he had a severe concusion and that he needed to stay overnight. He slept the rest of the day and all through the night. When the next day he still wouldn't really wake up and he wouldn't open his eyes they thought as a precation they should have an eye doctor look at the eye. The doctor came and looked at his eye and could see nothing wrong with it. He said that he had looked at the CT scan and couldnt see any fractures, but again, as a precation, he wanted to do another CT scan to check a part of the eye they didn;t get in the first scan. The doctor came in later and confirmed that Isaac did have a fracture and that part of his muscle and nerve tissue was caught in the fracture and they would have to operate on him. He went into surgery Tuesday morning. The surgery was worse than expected and they had to break him bone even more and put in a plate so that the tissue would not get back into his fracture. It was so agonizing for us. He has now been out of surgery for almost a day and he is worse than ever. They had told us that it should be a fairly simple operation and that he would actually feel better after because he was in so much pain before. Not true. He is in so much pain now. Isaac is so terrified of the nurses that anytime they come in he cries out not to hurt him. I have been having trouble with the nurse on shift tonight and it has been hell. I rely on Vance alot because he is so intuned to the spirit that if he tells me something is right I know it is. I however am not so in tune. The nurse and I had a difference in opinion while Isaac was crying in pain. The nurse thought that Isaac wasn't really in pain and the he was just anxious. Isaac would not talk to us to tell us what he was feeling, but they had just given him a new medicine about half hour before and he finally calmed down. The nurse said that the medicine wouldn't have started working yet, but I disagreed with him and he didn;t like that. So I got on my knees after he left and asked God to help me know what I should do. I have never had a prayer answered so fast. I got up from my knees and Isaac said mom I hurt. I then asked him where he hurt and he said his neck hurt. I got the nurse and we turned him over and sure enough his neck brace was caught up in the blankets. I know I titled this nightmare, but maybe I should have titled it God is watching out for us because throughout this entire ordeal I have felt God so strongly. He has been here with us holding us up when we needed us and guiding us in our decisions. We are now praying that everything takes a turn for the better and we can get Isaac back home soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A nightmare, indeed. I was glad to hear that he is doing better today. It's so much to go through for such a little guy. I'm crying just hearing the story again. :( I'm glad you stood by your opinion with that nurse. No one knows your boy like you and Vance do. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI've got tears in my eyes reading about this. I'm so sorry. I agree with you that God listens to our prayers and watches out for us. Thank you for sharing. We'll be praying for you.
ReplyDeleteHow is he doing now?I hope better. Oh that would be so scary. My heart ached for you reading this.
ReplyDelete