Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Days of December

I found this cute train countdown calendar while Christmas shopping and I wanted to get it for my kids, but I wasn't sure how I was going to use it. Unfortunatelty I cant find the picture of the calendar so I will have to post it later. It has doors for each day of December until Christmas. I wanted to put a treat or something in it for my kids, but I cant fit four of anything in it. I decided to put a note in it every day for my kids, but instead of giving them a treat right away it would give them a task to do together in order to earn a reward. My kids have been LOVING it. It has been so fun to see all of them interacting together. Here are some pictures of a few of the activities they have done so far. When they finish the activity they are rewarded with a treat or some kind of prize.


In this picture the kids were supposed to build a train track together and then play with it. I have pictures of all the kids, but Isaac played forever after.


The next two pictures show the kids drawing a snowman. Isaac and Mikayla had so much fun, but Lo and Izzy ended up drawing on the walls. NO fun for me!



One day I made the kids decorate rice crispy treats. I think they all got carried away with the candy. I ended up throwing the treats away because no one wanted to eat them with all that candy and frosting.


For two days in a row the kids worked on building a snowman. Ok, well they started out building a snow man and it turned into building their own sledding hill. They had fun for days sledding down their sledding hill in the backyard.

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative girly! How fun to make special memories for your family. I am such a slacker compared to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea!!!! Have you written down all of the things you're having them do so I can steal your ideas one day when I'm up to it? :)

    ReplyDelete