Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks!



Look at this adorable boy. Who could not love a boy this cute? I guess there are some that don't. On Saturday I was devestated when someone I looked up to and adore told me that my Isaac was not a good kid. I am heart broken to hear that this person felt this way. Isaac is my buddy. When I get home from work he runs up to me yelling mommy and always gives me a huge hug. If you are wondering why someone could not love Isaac I should probably explain his personality. He loves people, attention and he has energy to spare. All of these traits I love about him, but they make him sometimes difficult. At church the other day we let him get a foot away from us and we paid for it because he ended up on the stand waving to everybody while we chased him. Isaac, however would never purposely hurt anyone or be bad. He just always is up for playing, and his role model for how to play is his awesome dad. Vance plays with the kids alot, and you can see that when you watch Isaac try to play. When I see Isaac attack Logan and tackle him, I have to remind myself that is how he plays with dad. When I see him start to chase everyone I remind myself that is how he plays with dad. The moral of my story is that if you are going to tell me my kid is not a good kid, get to know him first. I remember at my wedding reception one of my nephews rode Mikaylas big wheel right through the crowd and into a little old lady. Another nephew tried to clog the chocolate fountain. I have a nephew that throws a temper tantrum every time that he is told he has to go or do something that he does not want to do. From the outside you might think these boys are terrible, but the same nephew that caused an old lady to almost fall is the same nephew that I adore, that last summer spent a week entertaining Isaac and letting Vance and I take over his room. Another of those boys is now the smartest first grader I know and is so much fun to watch. I still adore the person that broke my heart on Saturday, but I will now be careful not to get my heart broken again.

No comments:

Post a Comment