

Life can be so precious. A little over a week ago someone close to me, and even closer to me best friend passed away. As I look back on his life I realise never to take all of my blessings for granted. I feel so lucky to have known Kirk. He taught me alot. One of the lessons that I learned from Kirk was to enjoy life. He never stopped having fun. He truly lived his life to the fullest. Before I got married my husband and I went on two vacations with Kirk and Angie. The first one was to Vegas to see one of our friends get married. We had so much fun. We went to the wax museum, gambled a little, went swimming, and ate and played games. The next vacations we included Mikayla and we went to St. George and Zions. Once Angie and I started having more kids we didn't have much time for vacations. Vance and I spent alot of time with Angie and Kirk with the husbands talking planes and us talking shopping. Kirk was always so supportive. I remember when Vance first got his job with an airline and found out what kind of plane that he would be flying. The next time we were over at Angie and Kirks, Kirk had looked up Vances airplane and printed and framed it. When Vances dad died both Angie and Kirk were there at the funeral to support us. When Kirk came up to Vance he wrapped Vance in a big hug and with tears in his eyes he told Vance how sorry he was. What a man. I am grateful for knowing Kirk and saddened that our time was cut short. To my best friend Angie, I love you. You are a true sister to me. Remember that you and Kirk will be reunited because you are married for time and all eternity. Kirk, we miss you and love you. I'll see you again some day.
Very nice tribute, Aly. My thoughts & prayers go out to Angie and her family as well.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your best friend. I totally understand how you are feeling. On Febuary 27th my best friend, the brother I never had, passed away in an ultralight plane accident. His funeral was last Sat. He was only 33. I am still in shock and I am sure you are as well. We all need to enjoy every minute in life. Like you said life is too precious. Hang in there and enjoy your precious family. Your kids are so cute.
ReplyDelete