Friday, May 14, 2010

Mothers Day!

This Mothers Day was an unusaul Mothers Day. I did not get to celebrate Mothers Day at all with my family. We had planned to celebrate early on Sunday because Vance was supposed to work later in the day, but early Saturday his work called and changed his schedule and he left Saturday night and was gone until Monday. So my celebrations consisted of Vance calling and wishing me a Happy Mothers day. Needless to say the highlight of my Mothers day came in the mail on Tuesday. It was a card from my mother-in-law. I want to first explain that a card to me is decoration for what I want to write to the person I am giving it to, but to my mother-in-law the card says what she wants to tell you. She takes alot of time to read cards so that she will pick the card that expresses what she wants to tell you. Then she will give it to you and make sure you know that she picked it for what it says. This is what the card said:


Before you came into our son's life, we wondered who you would be. It was always our hope that he would find someone with a heart big enough to welcome all of us into the new family they would build together. We hoped she would be a strong woman with a gentle heart and a loving soul. And we knew if she could also be understanding and patient, there would be nothing she and our son couldn't manage. We hoped for alot- and we got even more. You are a wonderful mother, a good wife to our son, and the best daughter-in-law anyone could have ever hoped for.

Needless to say this card made me feel really good. It has been a long road with Vances mom. She did not like me before we got married. I hope that she really meant it because it is really important for me that Vances family feels the love that I have for them. Though I only recieved one card this mothers day, it sure was a good day. I am extremely blessed to have my four amazing children. The best choice I ever made in my life was to marry Vance and to have my children.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! I love your new blog look as well!

    ReplyDelete