Wednesday, May 5, 2010

FRIENDS

I have been going through a rough patch lately with post-pardom (I don't know if that is how you spell it), anxiety and stress. I have wanted to write a post on the importance of friends for a while now, but wasn't sure I could get it out. So if this post does not make sense I am sorry. I have been blessed with many, many great friends. Throughout my life my friends and family have helped me through alot. I always think about the poems footprints in the sand. (www.footprints-inthe-sand.com) I truly think that the Lord has sent me my friends to "carry" me. Two of my friends have been carrying me for the last couple of months. The first friend is Vance. I know he is my husband, but even more, he is my best friend. He never judges me. If I am moody he ignores it. If I am crying he listens. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The other is my friend Lora. She is an example to me. I watch what a wonderful person she is and I want to be like her. She is such an amazing friend, mom, wife and daughter of God. She seems to call me just when I need it the most. The last person I want to recognize is not even a person, but a family. The Forsey family has adopted my family as their own. They understand me and love me for who I am. I am so thankful for all of my many friends. What would I do without all of you. Even if I have not mentioned you directly on this post, I am lost without you. I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Aly, Aly, Aly---you are such an angel! Thank you for always saying such nice things about me. It really helps to know that someone out there is thinking of me. You carry a heavy load with grace. I, too, admire you and gain so much from our friendship. WE NEED TO SCRAPBOOK SOON!!!! Or do something else that can be a bit of an escape for a while.

    {I've wanted to call you to see how church went this week...I'm thinking with all the action in your house you didn't make it?}

    ReplyDelete