Monday, March 1, 2010

Our "staycation"

Yes, I said it, staycation. Boy did I get sick of hearing about staycations last summer, and now I am using the term. When Vance got his schedule for the month of February and I saw that he had six days off in a row my first thought was where could we go. We've been dying to go see Vances sister Crystal in Dallas, take the kids to Disneyland, or even just go to Zions or Yellowstone. The more we thought about it the more we decided that Mikayla shouldn't miss school. So we decided to see all the things Salt Lake has to offer. Then we got realistic and picked one place. Thanksgiving Point. Here is a picture of the entire gang at the dinosaur museum. Sorry the picture is so dark.

The boys thought they were in heaven since they have recently found a new love of dinosaurs. They would watch Land Before Time and Iceage all day long if we let them. Notice Isaac will not just smile for pictures!

We also added another kid to our family. I think my cute niece Chloe fits right in!

Later that night we went to a place called Porters Place dedicated to Porter Rockwell. Mikayla loves history so we looked up Porter Rockwell and taught her all about him.

As usual, this is what Izzy did while at the dinosaur museum!

We also went swimming and to Cabelas, but thankfully there are no pictures!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So fun. We just renewed our zoo pass. Austin had a ball. We'll have to go together when everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete