Saturday, June 13, 2009

potty training



So I thought that I would potty train Isaac. I have been setting him on the toilet for months and he seemed to enjoy it. I would have even started training him earlier, but we have this amazing babysitter and I didn't want her to have to clean up any accidents that he might have. He was so excited to start wearing underwear. We were all sick on Sunday and stayed home from church so I decided that it was the perfect time to start. Sunday started well. Isaac was so excited. We only had one accident. It has been over seven years since I trained Mik so I wasnt sure what I was doing, but I remembered that I took her every half hour at first so that is what I did. Man was I tired of being in the bathroom. Monday was trying. I started by taking him every half hour again, and that was working, but I thought I would try to go longer. Turns out that if I waited longer he would pee his pants. Tuesday went the same. I would have to take him atleast every half hour or he would have an accident. I was ready to scream. Isaac was even more frustrated. He wanted to play not spend every twenty minutes in the bathroom. So Wednesday we called the pediatrician and she said to stop because his bladder wasn't ready. That boys can go to the bathroom twenty plus times a day until their bladder developes and you cant train them until they can go 1 1/2 to two hours being dry. My lesson learned was that I should really read up on what I am doing before I start. I just wish that kids were ready for things as soon as their parents want them to be. I am not excited about having to potty train him when the baby comes. Yea for me. Three kids in diapers in two months.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for you for even attempting--I haven't even thought about it yet. WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER!!! I miss you! Is your schedule pretty open without the job? I still work for another three weeks but would love to see you this week.

    ReplyDelete