Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Family Fun





It has been such a long time since I have written on here. Alot has happened in our family in the last month. Mikayla has had two programs, I will add the pictures as soon as I can. Logan has been very sick. Since February he has been getting high fevers about every two to three weeks and we cant find anything wrong with him. About two weeks ago the doctor decided that it was serious enough that we needed to get a full bone scan done on him to find out if he had a bone infection. She sweetly said not to worry, but that if he has an infection they wouldn't even let us go home because it would be serious. How can you say something like that to someone and have then not worry. Needless to say we went and got the scan. It was very nerve wracking for Vance and I. The nurse sucked and couldn't get the IV in him so he got poked FOUR times. Vance was so mad that he told them they only had one shot left. I ofcourse was crying. Then when they knocked him out the crying started again. It was weird to see your baby lying limp. I wish that I has good news to report, but the results were inconclusive. It looked like there was a spot that might be infected, but it was not certain. So we are still waiting on blood tests, and we may never know. Hopefully all the antibiotics worked and he wont keep getting sick. Oh, and Logan also had a reaction to one of his antibiotics and had hives all over. The poor kid has been through so much in his short life. Because life has been hectic around our house we decided to take some time out to have fun. We let both Isaac and Mikayla pick a family outing. For Isaacs outing we went to Heber and saw Thomas the train. Isaac was in heaven. He loves Thomas, but he loves trains even more. We took a ride on a little train and took pictures by all the trains. It was alot of fun. Mikayla picked to go to the drive in movies and see Escape from Witch Mountain and Hanna Montana. The movies didn't start until 9:20 so Isaac and Logan were impossible for the first half of Witch Mountain. Both of them were so tired, but neither of them wanted to go to sleep. After we finally got them to sleep, Mik and I got to watch the movies while listening to Vance snore. It was fun to have time to spend with just Mikayla. We dont do enough together with school, work, and the kids. The month ended with Vance and I going on our first date together in 18 months. It was about freekin' time!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Logan. :(

    That last picture of your family is SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! You look great. I never look that good and you're pregnant! What's your secret? :) Sorry we haven't gotten together in ages. Things have been a bit crazy and busy for us lately. This week we've been hit with the flu. I HATE THROWING UP!!! Hopefully I'm on the mend, but Nathan still hasn't had it so we'll probably have another stinky weekend.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete